M&E contractors - Spalding, Lincolnshire - RJ Wilson logo

Gas Engineering Operative Adam completes his Apprenticeship

Gas Engineering Operative BTEC Level 3 certificate awarded to Adam Groves

On 4 October, gas engineer Adam Groves completed his apprenticeship alongside his BTEC Level 3 Gas Engineering Operative qualification, having been put through his paces on the course for the past 2 years. This followed on from the earlier completion of his full Level 2 plumbing qualification.

For those of you that aren’t aware, gas engineering operates strictly within the requirements of health and safety legislation, and this on-the-job gas engineering training course involved the safe installation, commission, decommission, and the ongoing service and repair of gas appliances in both a domestic or non-domestic setting. Appliances can include but are not limited to, a range of categories such as central heating boilers, unvented hot water storage, ducted air heaters, cookers, space heaters, meters, alternative fuel, boosters, testing, and purging for industrial pipework.

It was expected that 80% of his working hours were in his day-to-day role, and the remaining 20% of his time engaged in training or study, and during the course, Adam was expected to explain how installations and appliances work, providing energy efficiency advice, and ensuring customer service excellence at all times.

Including a final theory and practical skills test, his BTEC Level 3 Gas Engineering Operative qualification provided the skills and knowledge for both basic and advanced gas systems, underpinning his day-to-day duties and activities here at RJ Wilson, working on our mechanical team, alongside our more experienced plumbers and gas engineers.

Adam has worked hard and it certainly paid off, and our wholehearted congratulations go out to you Adam! He will now go on to lead his own sites and is a real asset to the RJ Wilson team.

Keep up the hard work!

Share:
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on email
M&E CONTRACTORS AND FIRE & SECURITY SPECIALISTS

We are RJ Wilson – a team of electrical technicians, fire and security system specialists, and heating engineers, providing a range of comprehensive services, specialising in design and build installations.

Recent Blog Posts
Latest News
Blog & News Categories
Blog & News Tags
Services
Social Media